PLAY NICE is a set of guidelines for how we all make sure, that everyone has a good festival – together!
Therefore, be sure that you have read and understood the following as a volunteer at our festival:
AGE – I PROMISE THAT,
– I am 18 years of age when I register as a volunteer
SHIFTS – I UNDERSTAND THAT,
– I will show up to all my shifts as agreed.
– I will show up to all my shift 15 minutes before my shifts start. It is my own responsibility to be there on time.
– My hours of effort will most likely be distributed over more than one day. If it will be any different, my closest manager will make sure to inform me.
CLOTHES – I UNDERSTAND THAT,
– During all my shifts at the festival I will wear my festival volunteer T-shirt
– When off duty I will NOT wear my festival volunteer T-shirt
CANCELLATIONS & CONTACT – I UNDERSTAND THAT,
– After the deadline for cancelling my registration, my registration will be binding.
– I may not miss any shifts without having talked to my closest manager first. This must be through phone if there is less than 48 hours to my shift.
– I promise to give immediate notice to my closest manager if emergencies/sudden sickness or other unpredictable circumstances should suddenly occur. This must be through phone.
– Under special circumstances the festival may demand a medical report from my doctor. I will have to pay the fee but will be reimbursed by the festival.
DEPOSIT, FEE & BLACKLISTING – I UNDERSTAND THAT,
– Before I can sign up as a volunteer, I have to pay a deposit of kr. 300. I will receive the full deposit back after the festival as long as I do the promised work and respect how to PLAY NICE.
– If I need to cancel my registration after the deadline of cancellation I will lose my deposit of kr. 300 – no matter what my reason for cancelling is.
– I, in case of absence or disrespect of how to PLAY NICE, will lose my deposit of kr. 300, risk being charged a fee of kr. 2.700 and can be blacklisted as a volunteer at the festival for 2 years.
– If I cancel my registration, but have already received my wristband, I will have to send a picture of my clipped wristband to my closest manager as documentation. If I fail to do so, the festival has the right to keep my deposit and charge me a fee of kr. 2.700 and blacklist me.
You can read more about deposit and fee HERE
DRUGS, ALCOHOL AND VIOLENCE – I UNDERSTAND THAT,
– Trading and using drugs are strictly forbidden. Do I discover usage or distribution of drugs I promise to immediately contact my closest manager or someone from the security staff.
– It is strictly forbidden to show up drunk for my shifts just as it is strictly forbidden to drink alcohol during my shifts.
– Giveaways from our food/beverage stands and tampering with change is strictly forbidden, and will be looked upon as stealing and reported to the police.
– It is strictly forbidden to bring my own beverages. Both beverages with and without alcohol. This includes water, which is available at the festival site at water-posts where you can re-fill your water bottle.
– Fighting, threatening and the likes is not accepted!
VALUABLES – I UNDERSTAND THAT,
– Valuables brought to the festival are my own responsibility.
All volunteers at the festival are insured through the regulatory workers insurance. This covers personal injury, but not personal things. You are responsible for your own things at the festival such as for example your computer or phone.
PRESS AND ARTISTS – I UNDERSTAND THAT,
– It is strictly forbidden to bring audio and video recorders, SLR cameras and professional photo equipment. However, small digital cameras (pocket size) and cellular phones are allowed.
– Taking photos of the artists, asking for autographs or contacting them in any way is strictly forbidden. Please respect the artist’s privacy and personal space.
– All communication with the press is strictly forbidden. I may not talk to the press about the festival or on behalf of the festival. Instead I refer to” Press Zone”.
PHOTOGRAPHS – I UNDERSTAND THAT,
– The festival has photographers on site, who will photograph both the guests and volunteers, with the purpose to publish the photographs on the festivals website, FB pages and Instagram profile. I, as a volunteer, have the opportunity to give my consent, that the festival can use the pictures on the mentioned pages, during my volunteer registration. Beside that I have the option to report pictures where I can be identified to firstname.lastname@example.org for them to be deleted if I wish.
DRONES AND VIDEO MONITORING – I UNDERSTAND THAT,
– there will occasionally be drones in defined areas around the square. The drone flight is approved and complies with the guidelines. The pictures are overview and mood images. The images will be used for optimization of logistics and marketing in connection with Tinderbox.